Set in a traditional North Portuguese farm, Quinta Dom José overlooks a small river and its valley. It offers traditional apartments and chalets, all with private balconies offering superb views of the surrounding countryside.
The Minho region is ideal for long walks or drives. The staff at Quinta Dom José - Turismo Rural can help with car rental and bicycle is for free.
The "Quinta Dom Jose" provides superb bed and breakfast accommodation in 7 bedrooms with private bathrooms, an apartment, independent of the main house, with kitchen, bedroom with private bathroom.
"Quinta Dom José" has its origins in the late 18th century, during the reign of King Joseph, and many years later, a major expansion was undertaken when the house was converted into a farm, careful to retain many of the original features of the beautiful and traditional style of Minho.
The Quinta Dom José has fruit trees and an entirely organic vegetable garden, where visitors can observe and learn how to cultivate and harvest these fruits and organic vegetables, and are more than welcome to taste and harvest the fruits and vegetables for cooking on the farm.
Activities: games room with snooker, television and karaoke (inside), swimming pool, tennis court, barbecue, playground, bicycles and 10000m2 of gardens and fruit trees (outside). For lunch and dinner there are restaurants, bakeries and coffees just 300 meters away or you can choose to cook in the Quinta Dom José.
- Barbecue and summer kitchen with all facilities,
- Landscaped auto-irrigated gardens, parking terrace for up to 10 cars,
-20 garden chairs; 20 sun loungers;*smart patio furniture including elegant parasol on sun terrace.
- There is a further step terrace above the pool area and a little isolated spot at the extreme rear end of the grounds that provides the perfect opportunity for a good read or quiet contemplation.
- Full size tennis court with racquets and ball provided for use by guests.
- Mountain bikes are provided for use by the guests use for free.
- Garden with grass, flowers, fruit trees and vegetables. A small river runs through the farm.
The Quinta Dom José where guests can enjoy the following activities:
- Living room with TV and karaoke;
- Games room with music, snooker and other activities;
- Swimming pool open all year, treated with sea salt, water aerobics performed upon request;
- Relaxing massages at the pool @ Euro10€ per 15 minutes.)
- Tennis court with the official measurements where guests can play tennis, 5-a-side football, basketball and other games;
- Grill with stove, fridge,, microwave, cutlery, cups and plates to hold barbecues and parties;
- 10 bikes for adults and children to give rides on the track within the Quinta Dom José;
- Playground for children to enjoy;
- Gardens with grass and flowers of various colours.
- Organic garden: tourists can enjoy as it grows, how they grow plants and harvest some vegetables for cooking in the Quinta Dom José;
- Fruit trees, tourists can enjoy about 20 different types of fruit trees, with the respective fruits in different seasons, where tourists can experience and delight in the finished organic fruit harvesting.